Can I fast-track a dispute?

There is no formal statutory mechanism to fast track dispute applications. However, if the matter is urgent you may note this when filing your application and the basis for the urgency.

Do you hear adverse possession disputes?

No, the BAB does not have jurisdiction to hear these types of disputes. Our What We Do page has more information.

I have received a determination for another party to pay me compensation and they have not paid. What do I do next?

Clause 19 of Schedule 3 to the Act states that a “determination of the Building Appeals BAB may be enforced as if it were a judgment or order of a court of competent jurisdiction.” You can learn more about the enforcement of determinations by downloading this Practice Note.